Saturday, March 14, 2009

Connelly's Irish Pub

Connolly's Irish Pub
1979 High House Road
Cary, NC
(919) 465-4458

We were seated at a lovely booth, with dark wood and stained-glass panels on top. It was a perfect seat because we were separated enough to have our own conversation without talking over other people. Connolly's reminded me of a lot of pubs in the UK, it was definitely a local! Since we'd picked a pub because we felt like getting out of the house, but Boy didn't want to dress up, this was exactly what we wanted.

We ordered three appetizers, and drinks. The food was good, I particularly liked the "Irish Eggrolls", eggroll shells filled with everything that goes in a Reuben, wrapped, fried and served with Thousand Island dressing. We also tried a boxty, a stuffed Irish potato pancake. Everything tasted good, but these appetizers are not really sized for sharing, especially the wee boxty.

Connolly's Irish Pub on UrbanspoonOur third appetizer was a grilled brie with mango salsa, which was good but I don't think I'd order it again. The next time we have a craving for the combination of brie and mango -- which was great -- I think I'd bake a triangle of brie myself and chop a mango myself. When I go out to eat, I prefer to eat things I couldn't or wouldn't want to prepare at home. So, I'd order the Irsh eggrolls again in a heartbeat, but warming a brie and chopping a mango is definitely in my skillset.

The service was fine, although while we were there, one of the waitresses sat down at a nearby table to roll silverware. Half of me says that's much more comfortable than standing in the kitchen, but I know that doing any prep work on the floor with customers was a big no-no back when I was a waitress.

Connollys Irish Pub on Restaurantica

2 comments:

  1. There is a great coffee shop next Connelly's called Crema. Kevin roasts his own coffee on-site. He's also a pretty good barista. Ask him to pour you some latte art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it out, I'm always in pursuit of good coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails