Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tzatziki Sauce

The boy's favorite restaurant in NC is either Greek Fiesta, or La Shish, and his favorite in Beijing was Biteapita. I guess you know what he likes to eat!

Tzatziki Sauce

1 1/2 cups plain yogurt (All the recipes I found asked for special thick yogurt, but I used regular and just drained it a bit. It came out fine.)
1/2 cup grated cucumber (It's hard to measure because it's so squishy, grate a couple inches of cucumber and then squish away the excess liquid.)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
garlic salt
mint

(Most recipes I found also called for 1 -2 tablespoons of olive oil but I skipped that because it seemed like needless fat. The sauce was very smooth anyway. Maybe it's because I used the wrong yogurt!)

I was a bit worried about this one as yogurt + lemon juice could easily make a curdled mess. I got around that by grating the cucumber into a tupperware container, and coating it in lemon juice, then garlic salt. Then I added the yogurt + mint.

I sealed the tupperware and stuck in the fridge for about an hour to let everything combine. I was so pleased to find perfect dipping sauce, instead of curdled disaster! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. I was told that Greek Fiesta uses sour cream in their sauce, FYI

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails