Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Etiquette Question From The Girl

It's The Girl here with an eating out etiquette question.

So I'm ordering in a restaurant, and I ask for no whipped cream on my order. The waitress says ok, but doesn't write it down or repeat it back to me, which makes me think she's going to forget.

Now, do I ask a second time for no whipped cream, to make sure my deliciousness is not contaminated with whip? The waitress has a bunch of tables to cover, and it's easy to forget a minor detail. Or should I say nothing, because it's seems kind of rude to assume that she can't remember something simple without extra reminders, and I should give the waitress the benefit of the doubt?

8 comments:

  1. Always ask a second time! Would you rather be polite or get what you're playing for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. Ask again, the worst they'll do is roll their eyes at you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. never piss off the person serving you food

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mention it again, but if it came with whip cream I would send it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about you eat in a better class of restaurants where that won't happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would give the waitress the benefit of the doubt she heard your request correctly. If the food arrives and it does not match your order, then I would politely address the issue. For me it's a matter of saving-face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your help everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails