Friday, August 20, 2010

Tangerine Cafe

2422 SW Cary Pkwy
Cary, NC 27513
(919) 468-8688
http://www.tangerinecafecary.com/

I might have mentioned before that the Boy is not so fond of Asian food, but we both loved Tangerine Cafe. We started with Thai iced tea -- I've recently discovered that the secret to Thai iced tea is just strong black tea with consensed milk stirred in, instead of rainbows and magic dust, but that doesn't make it any less delicious.

The menu is Asian food's greatest hits album, with winners like chicken satay, pad thai, nasi goreng... What was I saying? Sorry, when I went to the webpage to check their menu, I got sucked into feeding the fish again.

Tangerine Cafe on Urbanspoon Tangerine offers vegetarian and non-veg options for almost all their dishes. Shrimp-haters like me can also get a just-chicken version as well. This also means that they're cooking it up fresh when you order it, it hasn't been sitting under a heat lamp all day.

An amazing layout with mirrors and bamboo plants helps the small space avoid the cafeteria feel, and Asian decor -- including my favorite, the waving cat -- make it unique. We're planning a spring trip to visit out-of-state friends, and I look forward to reviewing a local eatery that isn't in a strip mall. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and food arrives quickly. A perfect spot for lunch or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails